Steven Tippins - Chief Integration Officer◀ Return to Faculty Listing
Through out my career in academia and outside I have been able to look at the pieces and find a way to bring everything together in a way that all parties understand. I look at all of the technical and personnel issues and devise solutions that work. I have done this for students, coops, and corporations. My background in finance/risk management/insurance, teaching, alternative approaches to health and explorations have put me in the position to coach and guide many in their quest for improvement and excellence.
I was Board president while a food cooperative grew in sales from $1,000,000 a year to $6,000,000 a year in 7 years. I helped a public/private insurance venture create a more open structure and better relations with clients and all stakeholders. I have advised startups in the healthcare field and risk management arena.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Risk management
- Employee Benefits
- Health care
- Boards of cooperatives, public insurance companies, and a private school
- Florida State University - Ph.D. Risk Management and Insurance, Support area in Real Estate
- International Employee Benefit Foundation – Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS)
- International Employee Benefit Foundations – Compensation Management Specialist (CMS)
- American Institute - Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- American College - Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- University of Hartford - B.S. in Business
Key Publications & Presentations
- “A Case Study of Financial Literacy and Wellbeing of Immigrants in Lloydminster, Canada” with Oludamola Duradola and Patricia Fusch, International Journal of business and Management, 2017 1:8.
- "A Case Study Exploration of Blue-Collar Worker Retirement Plan Investment Decisions", with Mark Griffin, International Journal of Applied Management and Technology, 2016 1.
- “Finding high risk persons with internet tests to manage risks-a literature review with policy implications to avoid tragedies, save lives and money” Review of European Studies, 2016, 8.
- “The integrity concept and collegiate classroom participation” Global Education Journal, 2014, 1.
- “Factors that influence the investment decisions of blue-collar workers” with Mark Griffin, Insights to a Changing World Journal, 2014, 1.
Universities and corporations through out the U.S
Organizations in Costa Rica
Seminars for officials from China and Mongolia
Honors & Awards
- Teacher of the Year, 2008, Roosevelt University College of Business.
- Risk Management and Insurance Review Best Perspectives article, 2006.
- CEBS Fellow.
- Researcher of the Year, 2003, Roosevelt University College of Business
- North American Editor of “Risk Management: An International Journal” 2003 to 2005.
- Who's Who in Finance and Industry, 1999.
- Visiting Scholar, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1996.