Carlo Achille Aversa -Industry Expert◀ Return to Faculty Listing
Carlo has acquired a 30 year international Supply Chain experience in various companies at global level.
He started his career as Purchaser in the Aerospace industry (France and U.S.A) and succeeded in reaching the highest levels of responsibility within international groups.
Among them, Dow Chemical as Global Director Supply Chain for the plastics business, Novartis Pharma as Vice President Global Supply Chain and, Alcoa Europe, where he was Chief Procurement Officer. Carlo led the Alcoa Europe requisition-to-payment organization and more recently at Rio Tinto Alcan Packaging, he was the Global Vice President for Supply Chain.
From February 2008 until March 2012, Carlo took up the role of Senior Vice President Global Supply Chain in ALSTOM Power. In this new function, he supported the Businesses in the definition of the supply chain strategy and capacity development and led the Global Supply Chain community of 4,000 people with a total spend of $10 billion.
He is currently member of the Board and C.O.O. of DATALOGIC and teaches Operations Management at the MBA of the University of International Business and Economics in Beijing (PRC)
Areas of Expertise
- Vast international experience in designing, deploying and evaluating organizations at major global industrial companies
- Change Management
- Global Business Strategy
- Integrated Supply Chain work processes
- Information Technology
- Value Chain Analyses
- Global Supply Chain including Sourcing, Procurement, Logistics and Quality
- The University of Mechanical Engineering (Italy)
- Post-graduate degree in Management from the University of Oxford (UK).
- C.O.O. of Multinational organization in Vietnam, USA, Italy, Hungary and Brazil
- GM of Multinational corporation in Western Europe and China